Tygger (aka Hellcat)

Tygger (aka Hellcat)
Satan's Spawn

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Obsessive

I'm so obsessive compulsive it's unreal. There is a song from the summer of 1970 titled Lay A Little Lovin' On Me by a man named Robin McNamara. About 6 to 8 months ago I was on my way home from work and the radio station I was listening to surprised me with this tune. I very nearly lost control of the vehicle I was so thrilled to hear it again after so very long. I guess when I got home it completely went out of my head because I'd forgotten about it until 2 nights ago when I went to see if I could find something on YouTube that I'd seen on television. I think I was looking for the Geico commercial that Richard Simmons just got through filming. Anyway, on the side where related videos show up I caught that song title and happily clicked the link. I've never seen Robin before and really wasn't sure who actually sang that song. I pulled up the video and here is this cute lil hippy guy, a cross between Tommy James and Donovan, if you ask me, singing and dancing to this song and I LOVED it! I watched it, I shit you not, about 30 times that night, I was up until 3 a.m.. I found more videos too, some one hit wonders I used to rock out to as a teen. So I have this awesome playlist now on YouTube and I have been bringing it up and playing it while I fool around on the computer. I haven't felt such happiness in years as that night I sat up gathering all these great songs. Amazon.com has some Sounds of the 70s compilations that have Robin's song on it that I'm going to order next Friday so I can have him in my cd player in the car whenever I want. I feel like a kid again!

No comments:

Post a Comment