Tygger (aka Hellcat)

Tygger (aka Hellcat)
Satan's Spawn

Monday, August 29, 2016

Another Day of Retrospection . . .

Whenever I plug in Julie & Julia it's a day of retrospection.  Of how instead of having to clean the house, cook a meal I'd rather not eat, and listen to my mother whine, I'd rather be writing.  And should be.  A recent event has prompted yet another beginning I've titled The Phoenix and I have two directions I can go with it.  One is the Oprah Winfrey way and I despise that way and the other caters to a lesser audience and will set my path in the right direction for me.  But it's only a paragraph old yet, and so on I go.

Not that I'm adverse to cooking.  I love to cook, and indeed on my newly formed Amazon wish lists I now have 11 cookbooks waiting for me to plunk down the green.  I also have a recipe box I've been keeping for several decades that is too full to even slip one more clipped recipe in.  I have a few cookbooks also, some I've actually cooked from, and a recipe folder on my hard drive brimming with good eats.  I continually dream of the day Mother is comfortably ensconced in the nursing home and I can garden, cook, and write to my heart's content, because really, that's all I want to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment