Tygger (aka Hellcat)

Tygger (aka Hellcat)
Satan's Spawn

Friday, August 16, 2013

More Work On The Turd . . .

Stephen King once wrote " you can't polish a turd."  Well, that's our house.  But it is getting some much needed work done to it.  So far a hot water heater has been installed, so showers have ensued.  A banister is being installed so Mother stops falling off the porch.  The water going to the house has been repaired to an extent.  Today the kitchen faucets are being replaced and fixed.  So that's nice.  About the only other thing that could be done as repair would be the floor, but that would require rebuilding the whole turd and that's too cost extensive.  So we tread lightly.  Oh and the breakers need to be replaced.  All of them.

I was just out tending the garden.  Pat gave me some cuttings I planted some to see if they'd take, I hope so, one is Swedish ivy that I've been trying to get more of for ages.  When times are better I'm going to get some more hylocereus and angel's trumpet.  None of the brugmansia though no matter how badly I want it, I just can't get it to grow here.  I might cave at some time though.  Miracles happen all the time, right?

In his endeavor to repair the sink the workman let Tygger out she is about to have herself a dove lunch I'm afraid.  I don't know how we're going to get her ass back in.  I guess she'll come back in time.  Like dinner time.  More later I'm bored.

It's 5:42 p.m. and Tygger is back in.  When the workman came back to do the rest of the repair I put her in a carrier so she wouldn't get out again, and Sylver got out (sigh).  But she was an easy catch.  So all felines present and accounted for, the sink is fixed and a new toilet seat has been installed.  Nice.  Things are going to be a lot fresher around here I do believe.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment